This set of four different attachments which can be used for intra oral treatment are a great way to stimulate the tongue, cheeks and palate. The versatile shapes and structures always allow the right treatment head for your patient. Developed with German speech and language therapists, these attachments are a great add on to your sensory therapy. They can be used for people with swallowing difficulties (dysphagia) or children with low oral tone. Oral sensory stimulation was found to be a crucial part of swallowing rehabilitation and the vibratory stimulus can enhance muscle contraction, cortical excitably and sensory function. The intra oral stimulation is also great for temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMD).
- smooth with small pellet on the tip
- pinpoint tactile oral placement cues for sound production and swallowing, stimulation of the anterior faucial arches to trigger swallowing
- for adults and children with dysphagia, dysarthria, Apraxia of speech, SSD
- bumpy, zigzag and smooth surface
- gentle intra and extra oral stimulation of the lips, tongue, cheeks and gums to gently “wake up” the oral system
- for adults and children with dysphagia or dysarthria
Tongue depressor head:
- striated and zigzag pattern
- ideal for tongue motor exercises and to facilitate lip closure
- for adults and children with dysphagia and dysarthria
smooth and gentle bumps on the back
first small amounts of food, dorsal tongue stimulation, maximised sensory input (vibration, pressure, taste)
for adults and children with dysphagia or low oral tone
Tip: Put oral sensory heads in the freezer or iced water before treatment to add thermal stimulation.
The attachments fit all stiivii devices and can be sterilised. For professional use only.