Our activity is aimed at strengthening our position in the domestic market, in the sector of supplies of washing, disinfecting and sterilizing equipment, and introducing our products in the foreign markets.
We wish to sell modern equipment, the quality of which will be appreciated by all Customers.
Spółdzielnia Mechaników SMS was established in 1946 roku.
At the very beginning of our business we focused on motorization.
In the 50-ties we started to manufacture refrigeration and gastronomic equipment, such as refrigerators, soda water machines, coffee mills and coffee makers. In late 50-ties we became interested in the market of medical equipment (in that time the first steam sterilizers were developed), which remained our domain up to now.
As the Polish market opened in the 90-ties and many competitors emerged, we decided to extend our business by trading activity. This has enabled SMS to offer complete technical and equipment solutions to the medical sector.
1993 since that date we have been the exclusive Polish distributor of DEKO – Finnish washer-disinfectors, manufactured first by HACKMAN, and later on by FRANKE
1995 cooperation started with 3M – the American manufacturer of ethylene oxide gas sterilizers
1996 German HENKEL ECOLAB detergents added to our offer
1997 cooperation started with WARWICK SASCO – the British producer of plastic dishes
1998 trade agreement signed with Dutch company FAMOS, for distribution of heat sealers for sterilization packaging
In the past years SMS was a leading exporter of sterilizing equipment. In that time our sterilizers were sold to a number of Western and Eastern European countries (Finland, Sweden, Denmark, the Netherlands, Spain, Greece, former Yugoslavia, Romania, Bulgaria, former Soviet Union and former Czechoslovakia), Africa (Morocco, Egypt, Nigeria), Asia (Iraq, Pakistan) and two Americas (the USA and Ecuador). At present it is our intention to re-establish our business in the foreign markets. Since 2003 we have exhibited in the world largest medical fair Medica (Düsseldorf, Germany), and the first foreign contracts in Romania and Ukraine were completed in 2004.