• Foundation of the company RECK
RECK-Technik GmbH & Co. KG was founded on 1st of May 1957 by Anton Reck. In 1970 his health problems induced Mr. Reck to develop a movement therapy unit. Regular contact with specialized physicians, therapists and hospitals has led to a continuous development of the RECK MOTOmed, which has been introduced world wide meanwhile. The company RECK is the world wide innovation and marketing leader of motor driven movement therapy systems.
• The MOTOmed
The MOTOmed is a motorized MovementTherapySystem which is used in rehabilitation centres, clinics, hospitals, nursing homes, physical therapy clinics and at home. This therapeutic cycle trainer is especially geared towards people in wheelchairs, people with limited walking abilities or patients confined to bed with neurological illnesses (Stroke, MS, SCI, CP, …).
• Therapy goals of MOTOmed
The MOTOmed MovementTherapy reaches goals as following listed:
- Reducing spasticity and becoming more flexible
- Counteracting the consequences of a lack of movement
- Rediscovering residual muscle strength
- Promoting walking ability
- Strengthening the sense of mental well-being
• Specialties of MOTOmed
1. You can use it from your wheelchair or a regular chair.
2. It provides a passive training with motor to reduce spasticity and to obtain flexibility.
3. It provides motor assisted active training (ServoCycling). Patients with little muscle strength can cycle actively.
4. It provides active training to obtain and to build up the muscle strength.
• Models of the MOTOmed
- MOTOmed viva2 (leg- and/or arm trainer) with big display
- MOTOmed gracile12 (for children)
- MOTOmed letto (for patients confined to bed)