Complete Hemodynamic Monitoring System. The AESCULON™ provides a 12’’ high resolution color display that works as a comprehensive, standalone hemodynamic monitor. It provides a complete hemodynamic monitoring system that provides user-defined hemodynamic parameters. With the help of Masimo’s pulse oximetry chipset, the AESCULON™ is able to measure SpO2 and is equipped with a non-invasive blood pressure cuff, which allows for the measurement of systemic vascular resistance (SVR) with the input of Central Venous Pressure.
Furthermore, the AESCULON™ can be upgraded to include Masimo’s SET rainbow parameters, which measures absolute hemoglobin SpHB™. With the measurement of hemoglobin SpHB™, oxygen saturation SpO2, and cardiac output, the AESCULON™ is able to determine completely continuous and non-invasive measurement of Oxygen Deliver (DO2) and Oxygen Delivery Index (DO2I).Pacemaker Clinic™
AESCULON also syncs with our PACE pacemakers products line to provide a novel interface for the optimization of pacemaker timings, pre and post cardiac surgery. Pacemaker Clinic™ provides an easy, efficient and well documented way to optimize hemodynamics during cardiac resynchronization therapy.
Dual-chamber and in particular three-chamber i.e. bi-ventricular pacing systems may be most beneficial to the hemodynamics of a patient provided an optimal setup of pacing parameters. Usually this optimization process is performed employing echocardiography. Echo provides a costly and cumbersome method prone to significant variation between operators. Furthermore, this method is only two-dimensional. The resulting images require an experienced eye in order to make judgments with respect to the wall motions of the heart, which may or may not correlate with an improvement or decline in cardiac output.
The AESCULON® version Pacemaker Clinic™ allows a systematical and relatively fast approach to optimization along with excellent means of documentation.
Unlike continuous monitoring, the identification of the to the patient most beneficial pacing setup requires a brief measurement period (for example, 30 seconds) which is repeated for each permutation of pacing parameters of interest.Comprehensive Analysis Screens
AESCULON™ comes equipped with a fluid management screen that can be used to target hemodynamic levels set by the physician during ionotropic and volume therapies in intraoperative and postoperative environments. This screen provides an easy to understand illustration of the hemodynamics of a patient, and continuously tracks the patient’s status toward the user defined goal of SV and MAP.
AESCULON™ also has the ability for user-defined trends of hemodynamic parameters. This allows for timely monitoring of hemodynamic changes throughout the course of treatment.Unlimited Data Storage
AESCULON™, with virtually unlimited data storage, provides an ideal research and clinical monitor for tracking hemodynamics continuously over a period of time for numerous amounts of patients. Patient data is stored at user defined intervals, and can be recalled on both the AESCULON™ itself, or through Waveform Explorer™ software.Waveform Explorer™
The Waveform Explorer™ offers a tabular and a graphical representation of results and signals previously measured and recorded by the AESCULON® device. Additionally, all waveforms from previous measurements can be analyzed to better understand the measurements done by the AESCULON™.AESCULON Specifications
Blood Flow / Electrical Cardiometry™
- Continuous monitoring of user-defined hemodynamic parameters
- 12’’ high resolution color display
- Non-invasive oscillometric blood pressure monitor
- Rechargeable battery backup for 20 minutes of operation
- Connectivity to Phillips systems through IntelliBridge and VueLink Interface
- USB interface for convenient backup of patient data and printing
- Operation with or without keyboard and mouse
- Stroke Volume (SV) / Stroke Index (SI)
- Heart Rate (HR)
- Cardiac Output (CO) / Cardiac Index (CI)
- Non-invasive Blood Pressure (NIBP) measurement
- Systemic Vascular Resistance (SVR/SVRI) based on input of Central Venous Pressure (CVP)
- Index of Contractility (ICON)
- Variation of Index of Contractility (VIC)
- Systolic Time Ratio (STR = PEP/LVET)
AESCULON Pacemaker Clinic
- Thoracic Fluid Content (TFC)
- Stroke Volume Variation
- Dynamic Fluid ChallengesPassive leg raising (PLR) tests
- Bolus fluid challenge tests
Optimization of cardiac pacing and resynchronization therapy (CRT)
- Sophisticated detection of pacemaker stimuli
- Digital interface to Cardiotronic® temporary pacemakers (PACE 203®, PACE 300™)
- Includes measurement of Oxygen Saturation (SpO2)