THE CT-6 MILITARY LEG TRACTION SPLINT NSN# 6515 01 521 5730
The CT-6 is a Leg Traction Splint designed for Pre Hospital Care and Patient transport, specifically in combat scenarios. It is primarily used on patients with mid-line femur fractures. The CT-6 helps relieve patient pain and prevents further damage to surrounding muscle and tissue while reducing the risk of death caused from severed arteries. The CT-6 is made of carbon tubing which snaps together via an internal bungee. A Cobra buckle secures the Ischial strap to the upper leg and groin. These buckles prevent accidental releases and are commonly used by US military forces. Traction is achieved with a 4 to1 purchase system using a small line to apply tension. This method results in a very precise and delicate form or traction that is also powerful enough to be effective on extra large adults. The CT-6 is extremely compact, light and strong.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- Carbon Fiber Tubing: Corrosion resistant, temperature stabile, extremely high strength to weight ratio, x-ray translucent.
- 4:1 Purchase Traction System: makes it easy to apply ample traction for even the largest patient. The V-Jam cleat makes it easy to readjust traction, key in long transport situations. Includes safety clip to prevent accidental releases.
- Application: The CT-6 comes out of the bag ready to go; all of the necessary parts are attached to the splint. There is no way to lose pieces, resulting in very fast application times.
- Instruction Manual: Each splint comes with its own “quick reference” two sided instruction manual that is water proof and tear resistant.
• Light: Unit weighs 1.1 lbs (500 grams)
• Compact: Unit fits in small synch bag, 11 x 4 x 3in.
• Includes Molle compatible bag, labeled.
• Strong: Carbon Fiber poles and injection molded plastics.
• Effective: Four to one pulley system for efficient, easily adjustable traction.
• One unit fits both Adult and Pediatric patients.
- The CT-6 has been designed for Military and Tactical use. On the military version, the Ischial strap utilizes a Cobra buckle, versus on the CT-EMS, which uses an injection molded plastic buckle
-Over 25,000 currently in use around the world, in various militaries, this product is extremely well tested.
-Product includes everything that is needed, including synch bag, instruction manual, ankle hitch and leg straps; all of which are easily replaceable with their own part numbers.
-Made in USA; guaranteed quality product. CE approved.
-NSN# 6515 01 521 5730