Product category: Disposable articles for surgeries
The first 100% PEEK cranial fixation device
Cranial LOOP is the first-ever cranial fixation device totally made of PEEK.
With its small size (12 mm diameter), the 2nd generation of Cranial LOOP is ideal to strongly fix the bone flap through the craniotomy gap, and at the same time minimize the amount of implanted material, particularly in the epidural region.
• Instrument-free Cranial LOOP is implanted with no additional instruments. Its unique design makes it a self-cutting device. The surgeon totally controls the bone flap fixation, which is achieved through its fast and easy "pull-and-tighten" action. Using three Cranial LOOPs, a standard bone flap is fixed in less than a minute.
• CT / MRI Artifact-free Cranial LOOP is totally made of PEEK-OPTIMA®. This makes it completely artifact-free in different medical imaging systems, such as X-rays, CT scanning and MRI.
• High Strength and Safety NEOS' engineers have developed a unique design which guarantees that Cranial LOOP provides the same fixation strength as similar metallic non-instrument-free cranial fixation devices.
The 2nd generation of Cranial LOOP has been designed to resist the same forces as equivalent titanium devices. The graph above compares the behaviour of Cranial LOOP and homologous systems in a test in which a bone flap was sank 2 mm into the skull (maximum limit tolerated in vivo).
Furthermore, Cranial LOOP shows excellent behaviour at impact, thanks to its inherent elasticity and flexibility.
• 3D Adaptation Cranial LOOP perfectly adapts to the shape and curvature of the skull, thus guaranteeing the minimal possible profile at both the epidural and epicranial surfaces of the skull.
• Product combination All members of the Cranial LOOP family can be used either in combination or stand-alone. Thus, neurosurgeons can combine them in the way that best fits each specific craniotomy.
NEOS Surgery is an innovative and technology-based company dedicated to the research and development of surgical products through the creation, analysis, design, production and commercialization of innovative medical devices in the field of cranial and spinal neurosurgery which occupy a place in the existing niches of the current market and to respond to the needs of neurosurgery and neurosurgeons.
NEOS Surgery S.L. was created in October 2003 as a micro-SME that combined the efforts of two Spanish Technology Centres with a sound reputation and professionals specialized in the Medical Technology sector: TECNALIA Technology Corporation and ASCAMM Foundation. The fusion of knowledge and experience of both participants in NEOS enables research and development to be conducted specifically for projects oriented to the medical/surgical market.
Currently, NEOS has two offices located in Donostia - San Sebastián (Gipuzkoa) and Cerdanyola del Vallès (Barcelona).
NEOS is certified producer of medical devices and implements the complete ISO 9001: 2008 and EN ISO 13485: 2012 / AC: 2012 quality systems.
NEOS Surgery’s mission is to capture the demands of the Neurosurgery market in order to develop, manufacture, certify and commercialize new solutions, which create company value and foster a high added-value industry.