The CPX Terminal Units are designed and manufactured in the UK under BS EN 13485 Medical Devices: Quality Management Systems. The units comprise of a first fix, second fix and a second fix valve assembly and connect medical appliances to the gas supply system.
The first fix comprises of a brass pipeline termination cylinder with a 12mm BS EN 13348 copper pipe for brazing to the fixed pipeline system, or with a NIST BS EN 15908 (non-interchangeable screw thread) connector for connection to a hose assembly. A mounting box suitable for both surface and flush installations is also provided.
The CPX Terminal Unit is designed to enable gas probes to be connected and disconnected easily and with minimal effort and the same time as giving a strong, reliable and secure connection. They are available for oxygen, nitrous oxide, 50% oxygen/50% nitrous oxide mixture, medical air, surgical air, medical vacuum, carbon dioxide, nitrogen and AGSS.
The terminal units can be flexibly integrated into any type of installation including surface, flush, bedhead and pendant and are supplied with a 3 year warranty. Test plugs are included with flush, surface, and bedhead types for first fix pressure testing on site.Standards
Designed to meet the requirements of (but not exclusive to):
- HTM 02-01 Medical gas Pipeline Systems
- BS EN 7396-1 Pipelines for Compressed medical Gases and Vacuum.
- BS EN 7396-2 Anaesthetic Gas Scavenging Disposal Systems.
- BS EN 9170-1 Terminal Units for use with Compressed Medical Gases and Vacuum.
- BS EN 9170-2 Terminal Units for Anaesthetic Gas Scavenging Systems.
- C11 NHS Model Engineering Specification – Medical Gases.
- BS EN 15908 Non-interchangeable Screw Threaded (NIST) Low-pressure Connectors for Medical Gases.
- BS 5682 Specification for Probes Specification for Probes (quick connectors) for Medical Gases.
- Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC (CE0086).