Holmium:YAG Laser for Surgery: When Powerful Versatility Integrates Unmatched Precision
About MultiPulse HoPLUS
MultiPulse HoPLUS is a high power holmium laser device characterized by great flexibility and efficiency, which is a must in centers of excellence in Endourology.
Fast, reliable and effective, MultiPulse HoPLUS provides unmatched precision and safety during all phases of surgery. Ideal for both surgical treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) and endoscopic treatments of lithotripsy, it is hardly recommended for long-duration procedures requiring high power thanks to its laser source reaching 140 W.
MultiPulse HoPLUS is optimized for applications in Urological Surgery requiring high power emission, with a particular focus on BPH treatment. This laser system enables performance of both HoLAP (Holmium Laser Ablation of the Prostate) ablation and the more advanced HoLEP (Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate) enucleation procedure, as a minimally invasive alternative to the traditional techniques of prostatectomy such as transurethral resection (TURP) and open surgery. HoLEP, thanks to the surgical technique progress together with the presence of the integrated mechanical morcellator (optional), makes it possible to reduce operating time and treat prostates of any size. With this technique, the enucleated tissue can also be evaluated histopathologically in all cases. Advantages for the surgeon:
Advantages for the patient:
- High power laser
- High peak power (with a wide range of power to get maximum operating efficiency)
- High pulse repetition rate
- Fast vaporization and cutting with excellent hemostasis
- Ability to always perform the histopathological exam of enucleated tissue samples. For the MultiPulse HoPLUS system it is possible to request the integrated morcellator as an optional accessory (CE-mark Pending)
- High versatility in endourology
- Easy to install and operate
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Low probability of bleeding: recommended also for patients treated with anticoagulants
- Low rate of side effects
- Shorter catheter application time in the post-operative phase
- Shorter hospital stay and recovery time
- Low rate of recurrences
- Immediate relief of symptoms
Multipulse HoPLUS is undoubtedly the most versatile laser system for Urology. It offers a wide set of applications ranging from the strictures treatment (urethrotomy), to surgical excision of tumours in the urethra, bladder, ureter and kidney as well as being universally recognized as the gold standard in endoscopic lithotripsy for the stones fragmentation and pulverization, regardless of their composition and anatomical location (also for common bile duct stones and sialolithiasis).