Founded in Leipzig (Germany) in 1921 as F. Walter Haenel Company, "MAVIG" was ever since used as trademark for its products. Haenel developed, manufactured and traded specific personal protection devices for risky workplaces.
Following the destruction of the factory facilities in Leipzig, Haenel started to reconstruct the company. It moved to Munich and re-launched its business.
After continual growth and establishing a leading position in radiation protection worldwide, the company, now named Walter Haenel GmbH, moved to its present plant in Munich-Moosfeld. Production, Administration and Development are now united in modern facilities.
As the first company in X-ray Protection to meet all new EU directives, all MAVIG personal protection devices bear the CE symbol. Quality Management according to ISO9001/EN46001 is successfully installed.
Changing the company name to MAVIG GmbH in 1999, today the company is experiencing steady annual growth, based upon constant development of new products, thorough quality testing, and a worldwide net of representations and business relations. A valued supplier for almost every OEM in the medical sector, MAVIG seeks to obtain its established position as quality leader in the X-ray protection and Ceiling Suspension business worldwide.