The Secant Group has a rich heritage of innovation that spans more than 70 years. We began engineering textile structures back in the mid 1940s, and since then, have gone on to achieve a number of breakthrough milestones, including:
- Pioneered early implantable fabric structures for vascular grafts
- Supplied fabrics for NASA space suits
- Developed first resorbable mesh
- Created knitted material for hemostats
- Produced reflector for outer planet spacecraft antenna used for communications
- Designed a fabric to withstand thermal and shock stress for exterior use on the space shuttle
- Engineered a textile filter media for kidney dialysis
- Developed and manufactured key component for endovascular stent grafts
- Designed and produced mesh components for general surgeries
- Supplied fabrics to assist in cooling the international space station
- Designed a braided component for endovascular clot retrieval
- Developed 1st generation component for transcatheter heart valve
- Engineered a braided component for neurovascular flow diversion
- Launched low profile fabrics
- Introduced Regenerez®, a bioresorbable elastomer
This same tradition of innovation continues today. In the medical arena, we’re bridging the technologies of traditional biomedical textiles with regenerative medicine to create high-performance materials that help medical technology to improve the quality of life. On the non-medical side, we’re actively driving the next generation of innovative custom engineered textiles and material solutions to impact industries ranging from energy to space.
Vision & Values
At the Secant Group, we’re committed to being innovators in the development and transformation of biomaterials and advanced materials in order for our clients to be leaders within their respective industries.
To achieve this mission, we’ve dedicated ourselves to certain values—innovation, communication, quality, responsiveness, and continuous improvement.
We pride ourselves on our open and collaborative business partnerships and are invested in the same goals as you are—to make your life-changing vision a reality.