Chrisofix AGCHRISOFIX ® AG
and ORKRISZ Ltd-s
are privately owned companies by the same family. They are responsible for developing, manufacturing, and marketing a world-wide patented product range of orthopaedic splints/ortheses. The two legally independent companies represent two closely related independent parts: central services (Chrisofix AG, Switzerland) and the production plant (Orkrisz Ltd, Hungary).Mile Stones:
- 1995 December: filing the first patent application.
- 1996/1997: Building of the Production Plant and start of the production.
- 1998: market launch of the first four products
- 1999: introduction of three new products; patent protection obtained in the first countries.
- 2000/2001: strong expansion of the product family and development of a specific First Aid product line;
- patent granted in several additional countries including USA.
- 2003/2004: patent granted in further additional countries including EU; developing of a new medical device for rib fracture; filing a new patent.
- 2004/2005: EN ISO 13485 certification for our production plant.
- 2005-2014: developing of new medical devices for rib fracture, circular stable ortheses of stability like to POP, day and night ortheses for CTS and thumb osteoarthritis;
- filing new patents.
- 2014: extension of the production plant
are our strengths. We are continuously developing new products and extending our product range. Many of our products exist in different versions, as required clinically (e.g. splints without textile lining for specific cases).