ZytoDot® and ZytoDot® 2CTM products are designed for the detection of aneuploidies, gene amplifications or gene deletions and translocations by Chromogenic in situ Hybridization (CISH) in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue sections, cell samples, blood or bone marrow smears, and metaphase chromosome spreads. The advantages of CISH are:
- Simultaneous observation of tissue morphology and CISH signals
- Quick and easy interpretation of results comparable to IHC
- Storage of slides at room temperature - CISH signals are permanent
- No costly fluorescence microscope needed
Method Description - ZytoDot®
Single Color CISH for the Detection of Genomic Alterations
The ZytoDot® system uses Digoxigenin-labeled probes which are detected using a Mouse-anti-Digoxigenin antibody. This antibody is detected by a polymerized HRP-Goat-anti-Mouse antibody. The enzymatic reaction of DAB leads to the formation of strong permanent brown signals that can be visualized by light microscopy using a 40x objective.
Method Description - ZytoDot® 2CTM
2-Color CISH for the Detection of Genomic Alterations
The ZytoDot® 2CTM system uses DIG- and DNP-labeled probe cocktails targeting different genomic sections which are detected using a Mouse-anti-DIG/Rabbit-anti-DNP cocktail. These antibodies are detected by a unique cocktail of polymerized HRP-Goat-anti-Mouse/AP-Goat-anti-Rabbit antibodies. The enzymatic reaction of AP-Red and HRP-Green leads to the formation of strong permanent red respectively green signals that can be visualized by light microscopy.
ZytoDot® Kits and ZytoDot® 2CTM Kits – Convenient Solutions
- All single color ZytoDot® CISH probes can be combined with the ZytoDot CISH Implementation Kit (C-3018-10/-40)
- All dual color ZytoDot® 2CTM CISH probes can be combined with the ZytoDot 2C CISH Implementation Kit (C-3044-10/-40)