What is Simi Motion® ?
Simi Motion provides an extensive platform for motion capture and 2D/3D movement analysis. Simi Motion can be tailored to the needs of the specific user. A range of configurations are possible to suit customers who would prefer to conduct quick and simple analyses as well as for those of a more scientific background, wishing to solve complex problems.
What makes Simi Motion® unique?
In comparison to the majority of products available on the market, Simi Motion uses no infrared technology but utilizes image based techniques. High quality video recordings with high frame rates and high resolutions are captured and saved using synchronized industrial cameras. Using the latest algorithms of image processing, Simi Motion can capture motion in detail and calculate 2D/3D data. As with the other systems, Simi Motion has marker based automatic tracking to calculate marker positions. It is however also possible to track using markerless methods, such as pattern matching or silhouette tracking using no markers. The years of research and development which Simi has invested in this area have enabled research, for which infrared systems simply do not suffice.
The operator of Simi Motion is able to use affordable industrial cameras. With Simi Software you receive the best data quality and operation speeds available. Image based technology is the future of movement analysis and Simi is the market leader in this area.
In which variations can I buy Simi Motion® ?
Simi Motion has a highly modular format, meaning that the software and system can be adapted to suit your needs, whether they be for a simpler system which provides rapid analysis, or for something more complex to give findings greater scientific meaning.
The three main variations of this product are:
What is the operational procedure of Simi Motion® ?
- 2D Systems (simple use and quick results, 2D measurements)
- Simple 3D Systems (simple 3D configurations in the middle price range. High data quality for simple problems)
- Complex 3D Systems (for the most scientific requirements and complex measurements)
Simi Motion offers the complete range of recording, processing, editing and analysis of data.The individual steps comprise of …
- Movement recordings with synchronised cameras, in addition to the logging of data from supplementary measuring devices such as EMG, force plates and others (if available)
- 2D or 3D movement data capture through the tracking of joint centres, with or without the use of markers.
- Movement data calculations (position, path, velocity, acceleration etc.)
- Movement and sensory data processing for the individual calculation of analysis parameters and evaluation
- Data analysis and reporting
- Data exportation into further programmes when necessary