GOGOA Mobility Robots, S.L. is a company constituted as an spin-off company of the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas (CSIC), the largest research institution in Spain, with the ambition of becoming a world player developing and supplying solutions to the emerging market of Robotic Assisted Rehabilitation (RAR) services, using the most advanced technology in their robotic devices, integrating electronics, mechatronics, informatics and telecommunication technologies. GOGOA has developed a business model based on the rental and sale of medical rehabilitation devices in hospitals and health centres for mobility rehabilitation in acquired brain damages, spinal cord injuries, neurodegenerative diseases and accidents, and in the sale of industrial equipment to individuals and companies, for supporting the mobility and preventing labour injuries.
Due to the own nature of the RAR systems market, GOGOA makes an important effort in R+D+i activities, with the aim of researching and developing systems for both rehabilitation and assistance to the mobility of lower and upper limbs, developing, producing and commercializing advanced robotic solutions, video games and real time monitoring systems. Its main objective markets are:
- Hospitals and rehabilitation centres, for mobilitys rehabilitation and assistance to mobility of people with acquired brain damage, spinal cord injuries, neurodegenerative diseases, traumatic accidents, physical injuries and post-operative recovery.
- Companies and individuals, for the prevention of injuries and support of the mobility: disabled people, who need a wheelchair to travel, workers, for preventing labour injuries, and special public services, in which agents need to move heavy loads in their work: civil protection services, fire-fighters, etc…
At the present, the company has four products in the market:
- HANK, a lower limbs exoskeleton, produced and commercialized by GOGOA.
- BELK, a wearable knee rehabilitation device, produced and commercialized by GOGOA.
- Hand of Hope, a robotic device for hand rehabilitation, produced by the company Rehab-Robotics (located in Honk Kong), and commercialized by GOGOA for the Spanish, Portuguese and South-American markets.
- ALDAK, a upper limbs exoskeleton, to help workers in heavy works requiring physical effort for repetitive charges movement.