RD-Biotech has laboratories dedicated to the production of eukaryotic cells capable of providing small pilot batches to large-scale amplifications that meet the needs of its customers:
- Production of supernatant batches from a few milliliters to several hundred liters
- Provision of a few million to several billion cells per batch
The production platform offers cell amplification of many cell types, in specialized units (dedicated laboratories, clean rooms under a controlled atmosphere...)
RD-Biotech provides the cells in the desired format, depending on the intended applications:
- Frozen Vials
- Culture plates (96 wells, 24 wells, 12 wells, 6 wells...)
- Boxes of culture flasks of any volume
- Alternative solutions available on request
RD-Biotech provides an appropriate safe express delivery system along accompanied by a production and quality control report which includes:
- A test for mycoplasma
- A test of cell viability
- Stability Control
RD-Biotech expert researchers have developed cell culture systems for most experimental models:
- Amplification of cell lines
We have a strong experience in expanding adherent or suspension mammalian cell cultures using standard lines (eg CHO, HEK, HeLa, Cos etc) or lines provided by the customer
Amplification of cells according to a procedure provided by the customer or optimized by RD- Biotech.
- Production of CACO-2 cells
Expansion of these cells is performed under perfectly controlled and monitored conditions in specialised media.
Cells are supplied in 96-well plates on specific substrates, for applications in pharmacology.
- Production of primary cells (skin cells, adipocytes, keratinocytes etc...)
Adaptation of culture conditions with respect to passage number for each specific cell type.
Close culture monitoring and cell supplied in the desired format.
- Production of blood cells (from peripheral blood, cord blood, etc...)
Isolation of cells from blood samples: PBMCs (peripheral blood mononuclear cells), monocytes, lymphocytes, CBMC (Cord blood mononuclear cells)…
Cell sorting and preparation of specific cell subtypes (eg CD4+, CD34+, etc...)
- Production of cells for applications in virology
CELL BANK PREPARATION
This service includes the establishment of Working and Master cell banks stored in liquid nitrogen under controlled conditions!
- Mycoplasma test upon arrival of cells
- Monitored amplification of cells
- Preservation and storage in 1 to 5 ml cryovials (1 to 5 million cells each)
- Quality control after thawing
DEVELOPMENT OF CELL LINES: Stable cell lines
RD-Biotech offers a personalized service to define the best strategy for expression of recombinant proteins or recombinant monoclonal antibodies in a host cell of choice:
- A feasibility study to determine the best expression system and to define the optimal conditions for the expression of your recombinant protein.
- Choice of the host cell line: eg HEK293, CHO...
- Various transfection protocols available such as lipofection, electroporation, etc…
- Optimization and control of vectors: plus the in-house capability for vector construction
- Adaptation to complex projects with a need for expression of different entities.
TRANSIENT TRANSFECTION PLATFORM
RD-Biotech has developed a platform to produce recombinant antibodies or proteins in a fortnight using transient transfection in microgram to milligram quantities.