The Trade Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP), which was established on November 8, 2006, under a Presidential Ordinance, shall have Ministry of Commerce as its administrative ministry. TDAP is the successor organization to the Export Promotion Bureau (EPB) and is mandated to have a holistic view of global trade development rather than only the export promotion perspective of its predecessor. Designated as the premier trade organization of the country, TDAP shall be a dedicated, effective, and an empowered organization, which shall be professionally managed.What activities does TDAP regularly undertake?
- Participates in 120 to 140 international trade exhibitions annually.
- Sent & received 40 to 60 trade delegations from abroad every year.
- Organizes the EXPO PAKISTAN annually in Pakistan, which is well-attended by foreign buyers.
- Runs the Expo Centre, Karachi providing a permanent exhibition space for holding trade events.
- Implements various Trade Policy Initiatives announced by the Commerce Ministry.
- Undertakes various sector-development projects from the Export Development Fund.