Kinarm Labs are interactive robotics created by neuroscientists to support clinical research on brain function and dysfunction. Our assessment suite, Kinarm Standard Tests, allows clinician-scientists to detect, quantify and track the progression of the sensory, motor and cognitive impacts of a diverse range of conditions (stroke, TIA, TBI, concussion, ALS, Alzheimers, MS or Parkinsons) in a short <1h assessment. Training tasks are also in development.
Incorporated in 2004 as BKIN Technologies Ltd., a spin-off from Queen's University at Kingston, we have carefully grown our business and product as the science of behaviouragphy has developed and been validated in critical neurological indications such as stroke.
To neuroscientists, Kinarm is the trusted platform for undertaking research on a sensory, motor and cognitive brain research to study:
· Goal-directed motor actions
· Motor learning and feedback processing through the application of mechanical loads or manipulation of the visual environment
· Proprioceptive and cognitive processes
For clinical researchers, Kinarm Standard Tests™ provides a precise, quantitative profile of the underlying neurological impairments of associated with any disease or injury.
- Broad-based brain function assessment in under an hour
- Sensory, motor and cognitive functions, all onone platform
- Instant analysis backed by large normative datasets
- Measure of meaningful change
Kinarm is on track to become an essential tool for understanding neurologic injury and disease, and the validation of new brain therapies.