Softpoly Cast, semi-rigid, knitted fabric, impregnated with moisture-curable resin packed in a sealed foil pouch.
It is intended for use when support is needed, but rigid immobilization is not required,
such as in a wide variety of athletic injuries, pediatric corrective serial casting,
secondary and tertiary casting for various orthopedic problems,
and as a comprehensive wrap to control swelling.
Softpoly Cast, softer, more flexible casting material is typically used for functional immobilizations that can tolerate some movement
(e.g., non-serious, minor broken bones; or more typically strains, sprains, and ligament damage).
They can be unwrapped, cut off with bandage scissors, or removed with a traditional cast saw.
- Easy to cut with a bandage scissors
- Easy to trim the cast
- Enough fixation to support
- Lightweight and thin
- Shoes can be worn with the cast on
- Suitable for a child in cast removal
- Convenient to wear the cast and take off by using Velcro straps
- Superior resiliency
- Smooth edges (no skin abrasion)