Laparo Adept (Surgical Skills)
The Advanced All-In-One Laparotomy Trainer
- Surgical Skills
The Surgical Skills is a professional suturing technique trainer designed for medical students. Familiarity and mastery over the widest variety of suturing techniques allow surgeons to make the best choices for a given procedure or operation. It is frequently the quality of the suturing technique that will have the biggest impact on the success of the surgery and the following convalescence speed.
This set includes 5 training modules differentiated by difficulty and features. It is intended for beginners as well as experienced surgeons. We designed a wide array of training pads and we fabricated artificial tissues with different levels of structural firmness so that our training exercises reflect real-life surgery conditions as closely as possible.
The Laparotomy simulator includes a full set of instruments, accessories, and pads necessary to perform the most effective training. All of these components are continuously tested and developed by our R&D department with an emphasis on the highest quality, design, and durability.
- multi-layered artificial skin developed in collaboration with practicing surgeons
- reusable pads
- design allowing unassisted individual training
- wide choice of pads for diverse training exercises and scenarios
- easy and fast assembly and simulation module replacement
- compact and transportable build.
1. Module 1 - basic knots and knots under tension
This module allows the development of basic knot and suturing skills. The exercise is based on tying a piece of string on elastic tubes attached to the base. Following the acquisition of basic skills, the string is then replaced with a surgical thread. We recommend dying half of the string so that mistakes are more visible. The model allows learning any kind of knot which is the basis of all suturing techniques. Additionally, the model allows the learning of specialized knots in simulated tissue tension conditions.
2. Module 2 - Anastomosis
The reusable accessories in this module imitate tissues of varying structure, firmness, and thickness. They can be cut and sutured in any configuration deemed necessary - side to side, end to end, end to side. This module features two attached fixed handles as well as two handles which allow for increased difficulty by imitating movement. The profiled design allows training on almost any surface or object. Also, with proper handle and care, it is easy to keep clean.
- Anastomosis module - set 1
This module features two very thin and translucent tubes that imitate delicate tissue structures. Suturing them requires specialized and difficult to master skills. The translucency of these pads allows practicing in a precise and controlled manner.
- Anastomosis module - set 2
An elastic and delicate material is the main feature of this module. It allows for universal training and can be freely adapted for any configuration deemed necessary. It can be cut, sutured, and combined with other elements.
- Anastomosis module - set 3 artificial intestine pad
This set imitates the delicate features of human intestine tissue. The double-layered structure allows for advanced training of cutting, suturing, and all conceivable anastomosis techniques.
3. Suturing module - knots and sutures in a limited field of vision
A training pad is placed with the use of a hook on a magnet in the training area. The module includes two transparent covers that narrow the field of manipulation during the simulated surgery. The lower cover allows the application of sutures without the use of instruments, while the longer cover requires the use of forceps and a needle holder. During the training session, we can freely cut and modify the training pad to the desired specifications.
4. Suturing module - multi-layer artificial skin pad
This is an advanced training module. Any kind of suturing pattern can be practiced with the use of our artificial skin (simple continuous, running suture). A multi-layered structure imitates the real-life anatomical layers: the epidermis, dermis, and subcutaneous tissue. The pad is also attached to the base to imitate the natural tension of tissues and skin. Cuts can be made in any shape and depth enabling a broad range of training exercises. It is perfect for developing suturing skills in any direction (vertical/horizontal) or configuration (individual/length). Our artificial skin is incredibly durable on the surface and reusable so a large number of training exercises can be executed.
5. Suturing module - soft artificial tissue
The module is made of a durable and soft artificial material that imitates human tissue. It allows the development of skills such as suturing and cutting. With this module, training sessions can be freely configured and altered with a variety of objects. The artificial material used in this module is reusable and easy to keep clean.
The set includes:
7 simulation modules
- 1 artificial multi-layer skin (12,5 cm x 15,5 cm)
- 2 artificial tissues (10 cm x 10 cm)
- 2 artificial intestines (Φ 1,5 cm, grubość ścianki 2 mm, długość 15 cm)
- 2 elastic suturing tubes (Φ 0,7 cm, grubość ścianki 1 mm, długość 12 cm)
- 3 universal hood elements imitating the delicate tissues, meant for anastomosis and suturing (Φ 2,5 cm, length 6,5 cm, thickness 2,5 mm) meant for Anastomosis module set 2 (2.2) and for limited FOV module (3)
- 1 string module for learning the basic and tension knots
- 1 module for learning suturing in limited FOV (3) ( 1 cover Φ 50 mm, 1 x cover Φ 60 mm, 1 x hook for tying knots)
4 training instruments
- needle holder
- 12 threaded needles
Warranty: 2 years