We are very proud to contribute to SCAPIS (Swedish CArdioPulmonary bioImage Study), a unique study that combines a large cohort with an extensive mapping of participants’ health. We assist with both reagents and instrument expertise in a sub-study of this comprehensive study, whose overall aim is to prevent cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases before they debut.
More than 30,000 women and men in the ages 50 to 64 have been examined with for example ultrasounds, CT scans, spirometry, and blood sampling. The study was started in 2013, and the participants’ medical events will be followed throughout their lives.
SCAPIS is run by six universities and six university hospitals:
- Karolinska Institute and Karolinska University Hospital
- Linköping University and Linköping University Hospital
- Lund University and Skåne University Hospital
- Umeå University and University Hospital of Umeå
- University of Gothenburg and Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Uppsala University and Uppsala University Hospital
Many publications have already used the SCAPIS data, and many more are to come. Some of the data is open access, some you need to apply for.
We are proud to be part of this important study and will follow it with great interest. Image credit: smart.servier.com